Proper installation makes all the difference
Innovation allowed two aggressive young men to emerge from the midst of the Great Depression with two new products that would make major contributions to the housing industry.
Key installation tips:.
- Keyhole slots and alignment tabs facilitate installation, taking the guesswork out of proper mounting.
- Elbows, turns, long ducts and ductwork smaller than the fan's exit outlet will reduce performance.
- Use Wide aluminum foil or duct tape to join smooth metal ductwork seams.
- Do not let flexible ductwork sag as this impedes airflow.
- During installation, orient the bath fan outlet in the direction of the home's exit point to minimize duct turns.
- Before adding an elbow or bend, allow 24" to 36" of straight run from the fan outlet point.
- Duct-wrap insulation (R-5 or above) will help minimize condensation in cold climates, especially on long duct runs.
- Exit vents should have backdraft flaps to help keep cold air from entering duct.