Many codes require that exhaust fans installed in multi-family fire-rated ceilings must be protected by dampers, which, in case of fire, protect against the spread of heat and flame. Broan offers a variety of radiation/fire damper solutions to meet most any need.
When the air temperature passing through the damper exceeds 165°F the fusible link melts, triggering the thermal fabric to automatically close across the damper. Airflow is interrupted by a flame and heat barrier, preventing the rapid spread of fire to other areas.
- For use in 1, 2 and 3 hour rated floor-ceiling and roof-ceiling constructions
- Galvanized steel frame
- High temperature, non-asbestos, reinforced fiber thermal fabric
- Stainless steel closure springs
- 165°F fusible link
- Removable damper allows complete fan and damper serviceability without disturbing the surrounding ceiling material
- Meets or exceeds NFPA-90A
- UL Classified (UL-555C)
- Includes light jumper cable
- Same grilles that come with standard fans and fan/lights can be used